The Egypt tourist visa is a type of Egypt visa issued for short-term purposes – up to 90 days maximum. Nationals of the countries listed above are exempt from applying for an Egypt tourist visa prior to travel, but they still have to obtain a visa if they want to stay long-term. Additionally, nationals from several other countries are eligible to obtain an Egypt Tourist Visa upon arrival to Egypt or online. Note: Those who are eligible to get an Egypt Tourist Visa On Arrival or Online still have to apply at an Egyptian embassy or consulate if they want to stay in Egypt long-term.
Egypt Visa Requirements
When you apply for an Egypt visa, you need several documents to support your application, such as:
- The Egypt Visa application form (two copies)
- Two passport-size pictures of yourself (2inch x 2inch, white background, taken recently)
- Your passport, valid for at least six more months from the date of entry in Egypt and with at least two blank pages
- Two photocopies of the personal information page of your passport
- If you are not a citizen of the country from which you’re applying: Your residence permit or other proof of legal residence
- Proof of a return or onward travel ticket
- Proof of accommodation in Egypt
- If you’re traveling for business: A Letter of Invitation from the company which is hosting you
- Proof of payment of the visa fee
- If you apply by mail, also include a self-addressed and prepaid envelope so that the Egyptian embassy/consulate can return your passport and documents
Please note: This is not a complete list of documents you may have to provide for an Egypt visa application. The exact required documents depend on the purpose of your travel as well as the embassy or consulate in which you apply.
visa processing time
The processing time for an Egypt visa changes depending on the method of application. If you apply for the Visa On Arrival, you will receive it (or have your application be rejected, as it is) right there.
The Egypt e-Visa is processed in about seven days, which is why it is advisable to apply at least seven days before you intend to travel.
If you’re applying through an embassy or consulate, the processing time changes depending on the specific office. In most cases, it takes at least 10 working days, so make sure to apply well before you intend to travel, but no earlier than three months.
If you apply by mail, also take into consideration the time it will need for the documents to be mailed back and forth.
Duration of an Egypt Visa
The duration of an Egypt visa depends on the number of entries it allows. As such:
Egypt Visa On Arrival and e-Visa are valid for 90 days from the date of issue. They’re valid for one single entry and allow you to remain in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days.
Single-entry Egypt tourist visas are valid for 6 months and allow you to stay in Egypt for a maximum of 60 days
Multiple-entry Egypt tourist visas are valid for 6 months and allow you to stay in Egypt for a maximum of 90 collective days
Please note ICKET 2023 is not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Acceptance Letter and Invitation Letter issued by the organizing committee.
* Invitation letter will only be issued upon request after successful registration.
NOTICE: Should your application be denied, the organizing committee cannot change the decision of visa officer, nor will ICKET 2023 engage in discussion or correspondence with the visa application center on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee CANNOT be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.